Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

New Camera and something else

Through the generosity of a friend (Rob Bergstrom of Red Boat) I have a new camera. New to me, it is a slightly used Canon 40D with a 50mm f1.8 lens. I am a happy boy, with a new toy. And so, having secured this new camera, I decided to test it out. Here is my first post shot with the new camera.
And what you ask is that stuff? It is salt. I can't go into much more detail at this point, other than to say that it is salt, from Vietnam.

4 comments:

  1. Nice shot, that would be hand harvested sea salt that has crystalized on the the rim of the hand made wood barrels during Red Boat fish sauce fermentation. I can't wait to see how you use it. It should add an amazing umami blast.

    Enjoy the 40D - it is yours until I drop my other camera off a cliff. You can't blame the camera anymore. Happy shooting.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob, I didn't want to let the cat out of the bag on the sea salt until you had a chance to distribute it to all your high end cheffy friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I bet this salt would go great with the truffles or caramel ice cream!
    How does Rob keep getting these wonderful things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, caramel, now that would be a great use. Thanks Mai.

    ReplyDelete